Thursday, December 17, 2015

Food Roundup: November 2015

It's already the middle of the final month of 2015 folks! Never thought I would get around to post this because:
  • I've been busy since transferring to a new workplace;
  • I've cut down on taking food photographs because I have a new lunch partner, but a few days ago I found out she also likes to take food photos; and
  • I FORGOT LAH #pleaseforgiveme
And I also been busy trying to find a new home for me and my sisters - need one by Chinese New Year #wtf but a lot of my dad's stuff are unsettled due to some people's inefficiency/selfishness/stupidity.

Dear God, please help make things easier for my parents. I promise I will try to balik kampung often once they have settled down back in Kelantan.

YES. My dad has retired and my parents are moving back to our hometown so a lot of things to be sorted out plus so many financial problems arrgghhhh i regret not saving! :(

Anyways, since this is a food roundup, let's just talk about food for now.


Rakuzen, Publika

I was bored. And I decided to have lunch alone. I figured it was a good time to try Rakuzen after all these years of wanting to try.

ikura chawanmushi

So I went bonkers with my order.

negitoro maki

Sakura Chirashidon Zen

I love salmon bellies, will order it as long as they're on the menu!

I was bored.

Yeah. Everything just for me.

Dining at Rakuzen can be expensive although it has good lunch sets. Or maybe it's just me LOL. All of the above cost me about RM150?

Cannot go too often haha.


Tonkatsu by Ma Maison, Publika


One of my favourite place, because of free refills of the rice, salad AND soup.


Everytime I'd leave this place with a bloated stomach.


Potato salad - not entirely potato, it has tuna in it as well. Having it with your main tonkatsu meal ALONE is not a good idea. Be warned.


I had the negi miso katsu set. Sorry I cannot remember which it was between the rosu or the hire. Hmm.


I'd go back to this place over and over again. But cannot so often lah.


Cosans Coffee, Solaris Mont Kiara


I like the coffee. Kept me awake LOL.

And this salted caramel cheesecake is just.. LOVE.


Ippudo, The Gardens Mall

Ramen in tonkotsu broth, I have a love-hate relationship with you.


I've tried tonkatsu ramen in Hakata before, and remembered how strong the taste of pig's broth was. The first time I tried Ippudo here as well, I remembered it having the same taste, but it was not as thick as the one in Hakata.

gyozas were small. sad.
I decided to try Karakamen this time, because I'm always looking for something spicy when it comes to soupy stuff.



Surprisingly I like this better than the usual tonkotsu broth, I guess the spicy miso incorporated cuts down the porky scent. My youngest sister commented on the strong pork taste as well, though she said that she didn't mind eating ramen again.


Jamaica Blue Fine Coffees, Midvalley Megamall



Randomly chose this place because I had no idea where to go after lunch at Ippudo. And I didn't feel like shopping. So tried this place.

We had the nutella cake and the blueberry cheesecake.

I wasn't amazed by both cakes, so I won't drop by again unless I'm dragged there by someone. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(