Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Red Beanbag, Solaris Dutamas

Don't you just love weekend breakfasts/brunches?

I do!

If I have the will to wake up for it lah..



So last Sunday my sisters and I brought our mom to The Red Beanbag (RBB) at Solaris Dutamas. Or Publika, if you're more familiar with that name. Been there myself twice (me thinks!) and I knew that it was gonna be packed, so left home early and reached RBB at 15 minutes past its opening time, which is at 9.30 am.

Guess what?

It was already full! We were given a waiting time of 30 minutes, which we didn't object.



Got seated after more than 30 minutes, but I was in a good mood so I didn't care (and I didn't know where else to take them). Usually I'm not the kind that would wait more than 15 minutes haha.

I think I've not been to RBB for quite a long while because it has become a pet-friendly restaurant! I didn't know about this and kept wondering why there were dogs in the restaurant LOL



This rottweiler was the first one I encountered while climbing up the stairs to RBB. The owners were having such a hard time coaxing it up the stairs - apparently it was scared! It was shivering and my mom kept telling me to not to be too close to it, but the lady owner told me to go first and I guess, I trusted that it was in good hands so I went nearer to it. Came close to patting it but I didn't want to scare the shit out of it further.

So I guess some rottweilers can be harmless.

Come to think of it, it's quite adorable now I feel like having one.



We were seated outside, near the entrance, which I was thankful for since it was raining that day. At least it wouldn't be hot.



I spy a KORKEN over here





Besides breakfast stuff, RBB also serves a small variety of pasta, burgers and snacks. I had a hard time choosing (because I couldn't remember what I ate the last time). I saw two girls ordering aglio oglio and it smell soooo good but I thought it was too early for pasta. Then I saw someone having baked eggs and I felt like having it, but it has beef inside so..

hot chocolate

My sister ordered the hot chocolate which for me is quite good. I had a fml moment when I ordered my drink - in my head I wanted to have cappuccino because I kept imagining how good my day would be if I had a pretty coffee art on my coffee..

BUT THEN I ORDERED ESPRESSO.

espresso

I have never ordered espresso in my whole entire life actually. Imagine my confusion when it came.. "Where iz my coffee art?!" before being coming into the sense that ESPRESSO IS THIS SIZE LAH DUNGU WHERE GOT COFFEE ART WAN.

So.. yeah. I iz sad. And the espresso was too sour for my liking. I even had to google how to drink espresso hahahaha.

Mom liked the long black actually.

Sumo

Sumo = pan-fried salmon with hash browns and spinach, topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. I really like the hash browns. Or potato cakes. Or whatever you call them lah.

I love salmon. Period.

Chips and Dip

Chips and a good dip can never go wrong. If only I had beer with me. The dip is just too good. Yums.

Portobello & Pancakes

Youngest sister's Portobello & Pancakes will definitely delight all portobello mushroom fans out there! She didn't like it that much - found the mushroom taste overpowering after a while. But I did. There's tomato chutney as well but I find it too sweet compared to Dome's (which comes with the vegetable wrap).

The Atlantic

How can I say no to smoked salmon and poached eggs? And spinach? And mushrooms? And french toast?

it's murder on the french toast

But I guess, two poached eggs were a little too much for me.

sorreh.

Could barely finish the second egg. I wish there were more slices of smoked salmon. And mushroom and spinach. And bigger pieces of french toasts. Cut down to one poached egg and voila! Perfect for me already. Or maybe I got jelak easily lah.

Benedict III

Mom ordered the Benedict III (I'm not sure what happened to I and II) with turkey ham. You can opt for beef hash instead. Contrary to me, she polished off both eggs.




And because I wasn't satisfied with my drink..

Mocha

..mocha with coffee art to save my Sunday! *happy mode*

The Red Beanbag is located at Solaris Dutamas (the building next to Publika), above dr.Cafe Coffee.
Doesn't serve pork, but it's a pet-friendly place so there'll be dogs, cats (have not seen any) or pets! I told my sister to bring her hamsters the next time we go there haha.

So this is not really a helpful food review, but I didn't mean for it to be one. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(