Friday, August 22, 2014

Welcome home, heroes.


Today, 22 August 2014 is declared as the National Day of Mourning in Malaysia.

This morning, the first remains of 20 Malaysians who perished in the Malaysia Airlines' flight MH17 on 17 July 2014 returned home and was given a heroes welcome, complete with an official ceremony.

Sad day for us Malaysians.

I didn't get to catch the live telecast so I watched TV3's Buletin Utama.

Started crying when they showed the scene of one of the victims' ashes arriving at the ceremonial place, the small casket wrapped with our national flag being carried by her husband and place on the table, and her children praying.

So sad.

Sometimes I think that, no matter how much shit I'm going through, there are other people out there going through the same shit as I do, or maybe even worse.

May their souls rest in peace.

And may we succeed in fighting for their justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(