Sunday, July 31, 2011

I think I'm UGLY.

When the latest 2NE1 single, UGLY was released, I was at work and watched it at my office (YES, Youtube is not blocked wheeeeeee~). The CPU speakers didn't do much justice to the song, so when I got home I didn't bother looking for the MV again.

And then today I watched the girls' performances on SBS Inkigayo - a short performance for Hate You while they did a full song for UGLY.

Bleah the chorus just hit the spotla. It dugged out all the insecurities I've been trying to hide by appearing with a I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude most of the time.
Hey, your hair is thinning! Why won't you go get a treatment?
I don't give a fuck.
Hey, you have elephant thighs!
I don't give a fuck.
Hey, your teeth are all crooked!
I don't give a fuck.
Hey, you belly is bulging!
I don't give a fuck.
Hey, your flabby arms!
I don't give a fuck.
Hey, you have hyperhidrosis! (although I didn't get diagnosed for that. but I do sweat a lot)
Again, I don't give a fuck.

But you see, I do give a fuck. Hey, I give more than one fuck okay?

I don't get why everyone brings them up when I myself try not to think/talk about my insecurities. I know I have a double chin/flabby arms/3 spare tyres/thinning hair/crooked teeth/etc you don't have to remind me. And it doesn't help that my (girl)friends are all on the petite side - makes me look like a giant when I'm around them (although it's a bonus cause I'm taller than them! heehee) and they're all very pretty!

So shut up and let me be.

Anyways, back to the song. I think it's pretty good. It's different from the other 2NE1 songs - this is a little bit rock. The lyrics are pretty much on the pessimistic side, but I think it represents the feelings of people with the insecurities, boys or girls, young and old.

But I like the beats, the melodies, the kick-ass feel it gives. I'm hoping to see them perform this with a band. Get a J-rock band, please! Get Shintarou, Nobuto, Akira and Katsuya to play the instruments for you. And maybe Takuya will do beatboxing. Or maybe sing backing vocals LOL. Oh make him dance, I don't mind. heehee.

WeeN's note: Shintarou, Nobuto, Akira, Katsuya and Takuya are members of the J-rock band that I adore called UVERworld. I might do a writeup on them someday I guess. Before they release more albums than I can handle. LOL.



I think I'm ugly
And nobody wants to love me
Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don't lie to my face
Telling me I'm pretty

I think I'm ugly
And nobody wants to love me
Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don't lie to my face
Cause I know I'm ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment away and don't forget to tick the "Notify me" box, or else I'll miss your messages and won't reply :'(